Saturday, August 25, 2007

Bycycles and Quilts



Well, I'm at it again. I decided to make a post about bicycles and quilts. First off, it is very hard for someone my height to find a decent bicycle . And second, I am working on a quilt today and I'm trying not to get side track. So, let's start this off huh?


Bicycles are fun to ride but pretty hard to find when you're only 4' 2" tall. Even if it's a decent one that fits your size. But, I succeed at finding one. I walked into a thrift store one day trying to find a work shirt but I found this kids' bike for 10 bucks. I was not one of those kids' bikes where there's butterflies or fairies but a nice bike. It has a back rack so that I can carry stuff. So I bought the bike took it to a gas station and filled the tires with air and took it for a test run and good news it worked! I ride my bike as much as I can, but I don't ride it to work due to the lack of bike racks on the buses I usually take to work. So that's all i can say about my bike.
Quilting is hard work and it's even harder when you have a short attention span. I have a few blocks made but, I can't focus on it. It's going to be a flowers at night style quilt but there are so many colors and cutting to be done I don't think I'm going to make the deadline. If it ever gets finished I'll try to post a picture of it and share with the blog world.
Well if I am ever going to finish my quilt, I better sign out. So I'm out!

No comments: